Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Homework Break

A friend of mine recently told me that she could always tell when things are fine with me because she gets email from me but when I go silent then she knows to start praying. I realized that the same is true of my presence here as well. It is true that all is not exactly well. My faithful truck, Shadowfax, died last week. He threw a rod and now I either have to replace the engine or get another vehicle. Both options are beyond me financially at the moment. Believe it or not, door ninjas are not paid all that well. Today though; I thought I would share a funny story with you. This happened recently at work.

Frank's job is to water the plants and he has been at WM since before I started. He wears a huge hearing aide; it is about as obvious as you can get. I noticed that people usually have to repeat themselves several times when they speak to him. If you speak to him from behind, he will not hear you at all. Whenever our boss speaks to him he ends up shouting to make his orders known to Frank. The other day he was at the other end of the patio with Kay. I wanted to take a break so I went up to ask her if she would watch the door while I was gone. I mentioned that I was planning to get a sausage biscuit while I was gone. As I turned to go Frank commented that he wished that he had one of those. I realized then that I had been speaking in a normal tone of voice and that he had heard me just fine. I turned back and questioned him about that. "You don't talk loud enough to make my hearing aide turn off." he said. LOL

RW

No comments: