Saturday, May 28, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011 day one

Today I slept late and woke with a pounding headache so I took the morning slow and easy, not even getting out of bed before 8am. That counts as an incredibly luxurious sleep in for me. After I was awake and had had my first gourd of maté I got busy experimenting with a blueberry waffle recipe that I have been altering in my mind for a while now. I cannot eat eggs and can no long use my favorite recipe that I found many years ago in "The Frugal Gourmet Cooks American." The secret to the recipe was to whip the egg whites into a meringue and gently fold them into the batter. I think that I am on the path at last to reproducing that recipe minus the egg whits. Of course the cooking meant that I needed to do some cleaning afterward. And I played. I found a new reason to love my nook. The instruction manual for my new camera has very small print and the booklet itself is quite small, making it awkward to read. The diagrams are also hard to decipher. Then the other day it occurred to me that I could probably find it online and that I would be able to make the print as large as I desired. I found it today and realized that since it is in pdf format, I could place it on my nook making it very convenient to read. Happy Me! I watched some of my favorite shows online and I went shopping. I was looking for some lighter more comfortable pants to wear to work. I didn't find them but I did come away with some new hiking sandals, and a pretty t-shirt. I visited a camera shop in search of a new camera bag and I did find one but not there. I had a lot of plans for my day yesterday and I didn't do any of them but I did get a lot done and I had a good time.

RW

2 comments:

Chiang Guy said...

It sounds like a nice day.

fragilewisdom said...

It was a good day. I went hiking at the Barataria Preserve the next day and had a lot of fun. We might visit it when you come if there is time. Good bird watching there.