Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nerden

I have a confession to make; I spend way too much time online. One of the reasons is facebook. I got addicted to the role playing games there last year and though I have recovered somewhat; I am still on facebook a lot. I added a lot of people who were also RPG addicts for friends, you see. They come all age groups, countries, and walks of life. I enjoy learning about their thoughts and their lives.

Recently, I have been having a rather interesting conversation with a guy from Turkey. I didn't know that was where he was from originally. One day he just im'd me on facebook chat. I didn't understand a word of what he had written so I just said "Hello" and that is where it stood for over a week. Then, he im'd me again and this time he wrote "heloo", followed by "nerden." I was intrigued and tried to guess the language so I could find a page to translate it. None of my guesses were right but finally I found google that would take the text and tell you the language. I discovered that "nerden" means where. I replied and then typed the English word, "where?" And so our interesting one word conversational exchange has grown. I have to say that I am enjoying it very much. So, neredesin?

RW

7 comments:

Pastor Larry said...

Louisville KY

Fin said...

I know a bit about spending time on-line. My daughter once quipped that if I ever got on the internet I would never see outdoors again.

Ha. What did she know. That was before wireless cards for laptops.

Anyhow, I sure enjoy interactions with folks around the world via the net. It got me into an airline simulator in Beijing, the front seat of a Cessna in Saskatchewan, and a lovely old monestary in Bulgaria, just in a few months.

Oh, and it let me meet this really neat lady from Texas.....

jadedj said...

I don't know if you know this, but there is a widget you can get from blogger for your sidebar, which shows where your visitors are from.
Also a site meter shows that and much more.

Lincoln, NE

fragilewisdom said...

Thank you Pastor Larry

Fin, you get around more than many people I know!

J, I know about feedjit. I have been trying to add it for a week now and I just can't seem to get it work! very frustrating.

fragilewisdom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fin said...

I am truly sorry I have no real memory of how I got my widget up.

I think someone else had a link on their blog to the actual website where those things live. There were a few to choose from, and I think all I did was pick mine and type in the url of my blog.

Wish I could be more help.

Wizardress said...

You know where :)

How interesting, and even though I haven't spent that much time as of late online, a majority of it has been spent on facebook.

I hope you are having a great weekend! *hugs*