Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Going the Opposite Way

Living in the same town
For all these years
Doing the same old things
Hanging with the same crowd
And it’s starting to get crippling
You’ve never felt in place
And you tell yourself it’s all okay
But something’s different today
You want to run the opposite way

And it seems like you’re locked in a cage
And you need to find a way of escape
When everyone is setting the pace
It’s okay to run the opposite way

The first stanza expresses my feelings of late perfectly. I have tried to put it in words to friends and only succeeded in worrying them. Half of them think I need an intervention now. The song of course is about spiritual matters but this crisis of mine is partly spiritual in nature. I simply feel very strongly that life is not worth living if I am fated or doomed to keep going the same way I have been since Katrina. It seems that I am always trying to patch things up and hold them together while simultaneously being plagued by the most unbelievable disasters and I am tired of it. A lot of my problems have stemmed from the fact that I have gradually given up doing many of the things I love. I can't really say why I did it but I know one thing; it is time to either live or die. Owning a motorcycle has been a dream of mine since high school so today I went motorcycle helmet shopping. It was wonderful. Soon I will be riding a bike of my own.

The song is by Leeland and you can find it on his album by the same name.


The Father sent His Son down
The light of men
The cross He bore was crippling
Rejected in His own town
They couldn’t see the sun shining
He knelt in the garden and prayed
Father, let this cup pass from me
It’s not Your will for me to stay
Your will for me is the opposite way

And it seemed like He was locked in a cage
And He couldn’t find away of escape
But through the cross He conquered the grave
My Jesus ran the opposite way

Oh, and through the cross He conquered the grave
Oh, He ran the opposite way
Yeah, through the cross He conquered the grave
So you could run the opposite way

RW

3 comments:

Wizardress said...

I believe that sometimes when so many things are happening around us that zap us of our energy, that we simply find that we don't think about the things that bring us joy. Then one day we wake up and realize that it's something that we've been missing.

Spend some time doing the things that you love- nurture those things and get out and have some fun. Who knows- you may find that life turns and things start looking up, but even if they don't just quite yet, at least you are giving yourself the gift of having a little fun and doing something for you.

*big hugs*

Anonymous said...

We'll likely wait awhile before we tell yer brudder....

fin

Chiang Guy said...

If you get a motorcycle, please be careful, especially while you are learning. They can be dangerous.