Thursday, October 13, 2011

So, as I was leaving work today a friend walked out with me. She commented on what a rough day it had been and observed that she thought we both probably felt like we had been run over and dragged a block by a street car and how bad that would be and all. I observed that we would probably feel much better if we had been run over and dragged by a street car. She looked at me like I was crazy so I elaborated. If we had been run over we would be unconscious I said. She began to see the light, "and we would wake up in the hospital", she said. And we would have good drugs and people would feel sorry for us, I pointed out. Which no is doing now and we wouldn't have to come to work tomorrow, she said. We walked toward our cars; "The street cars run every 15 minutes." she joked. Then as we headed our separate ways, she said,"see you tomorrow." Tomorrow", I agreed.

RW

2 comments:

Fijufic said...

I'd rather take my chances and see what the future holds. A street car death would upset me...

fragilewisdom said...

:) Me too but then we weren't really planning on dying!